Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Walgreens Moneymaker/Cautionary Tale

Just got back from a quick Walgreens trip. They were out of stock of one item that would be a moneymaker, so I'm going to check at another Walgreens this afternoon. I still got some good deals though:
The growing personal/household supplies stockpile
2 packs of Stayfree maxi pads for $2.99 each-$2.99 RR-$1 coupon/pack = 2 packs for 0.99. It should have been a moneymaker, however, I forgot that you can only buy 1 of each RR item per transaction. Had I planned it right, I should have bought 1 pack, used a coupon, and gotten $2.99 RR and then completed the rest of my purchase as a separate transaction. Now I know for next time :)
I did get a fantastic deal on Nexcare bandaids. They are on sale for $2.99 a box right now, and there is a refund certificate for the full price on each box. I also had a coupon for $1 off 2 boxes, so I bought 2 boxes for $4.98 out of pocket, and I will be getting $5.98 back in the mail when the rebate comes. That makes the bandaids a $1 moneymaker, which means that I broke even on this trip, even with the maxi pad mixup.
Total spent: $8.96
Total sale and coupon savings: $6 (40% savings)
Total savings after RR and rebates: $14.98 (63% savings)

No comments:

Post a Comment