Sunday, April 24, 2011

Walmart Quick Trip

On Wednesday I thought I'd check out Walmart's coupon deals for the week. I had seen on Southern Savers that I could get a certain brand of deodorant for free with a coupon that I happened to have. However, I knew Walmart's prices were regional, so I would be taking a gamble on whether my store's prices would match up. I found a few other items that were going to be a good deal, so I decided to just go for it.
When I got to Walmart I was disappointed to see that the deodorant was $1.97/stick, rather than the $0.97 I was expecting. So even though I could have gotten them for about $1 per stick, I decided not to get it. I did, however, get 2 things of floss for free ($0.88 apiece, and I had a $1 off coupons for each of them). I also got a small pack of antihistamine (with allergy season coming up) for $0.94 (Priced at $5.94, and I had a $5 off coupon). My grand total? $1.33. The most rewarding part of the trip, however, was the cashier's comments.
"You have some great coupons here! You're pretty much getting this stuff for free!"
All I could do was smile and say "yup. That was the plan." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment