Monday, May 2, 2011

Giving Back

It's been a little over a month since I've started couponing in earnest, and I really think it's change my mindset about money and our lifestyle. There is so much to be said for the peace of mind you feel when your finances are in order, and being able to handle emergencies and other unexpected expenses. I think that couponing, along with sticking to a strick budget, is going to be the path for us.
With that being said, I think that using coupons can do even more. I was able to print off 15 $1 off 2 coupons for a brand of pasta that's on sale at King Soopers this week. The pasta is $0.50/box, so with these coupons every single box will be free. That will net me 30 BOXES of pasta, which is probably more than my husband and I eat in a year (not to mention it's whole grain pasta, which I'm still trying to convince my husband won't kill him). I will have to make 2 separate King Soopers trips to buy this pasta due to their coupon limits, but it is totally worth it to me. I have found a very worthwhile charity in my community that I have decided to donate most of this pasta to. Once I decided I was going to donate, I started looking for more freebies that I might not normally go for, and found a few other things that I'm going to try to score for my donation this week.
Despite how stressful our finances can be at times, we have been truly blessed with good jobs, good education, and supportive friends and family. We have never found ourselves in a truly dire situation, and I'd like to think that if we did, there would be someone there to help us out. I know there are people in our community, however, who are not as fortunate as us, and I would love to know that I could do something, even if it's small, to give them some peace of mind.

UPDATE
What a coincidence, I just happened to see that next week is the official Couponing for Community week. Even more inspiration to try to grab some great deals to donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment