Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Late Night Freebies

After reading about some of the great freebies I somehow missed earlier this week, my husband and I decided to head out to a couple stores after dinner. First we went to Walgreens, where we had one of my most favorite cashier moments yet. We got 6 bottles of the Right Guard body wash, which is B1G1 at Walgreens this week. We then used 3 B1G1 MQs (RP 5/01) to make them COMPLETELY FREE! The cashier, however, was a little confused when we went to check out. Here is a brief summary of our conversation:
Cashier: "You can't use these, because these are already B1G1."
Me: "Really? Because I'm pretty sure your coupon policy says that you can."
Cashier: "You're going to try to get all of these for free aren't you?"
Me: "Yup. That's the plan anyways."
And lo and behold, when he scanned the coupons they did indeed go through. So all we paid was sales tax :)
Total spent (without tax): $0.00
Total sale and coupon savings: $29.94
 
This was a good lesson that you should ALWAYS know your store's coupon policy (I may consider printing out the policies of the stores I shop at the most to keep in my coupon file).
Next, we headed to Walmart. We scored 2 packs of disposable razors, 2 travel size toothpastes, and a 4-pack of batteries, all FREE. No snarky cashier here though :)
Total spent (without tax): $0.00
Total sale and coupon savings: $6.85

No comments:

Post a Comment