Sunday, May 8, 2011

How to get coupons

As I've been talking to more and more people about my couponing adventures, one of the most common questions I'm comming across is "where do you find all these great coupons?" There are lots of sources to find great coupons, both in print and online.
Print
Right now I subscribe to two Sunday newspapers. The number of coupon inserts will vary from week to week, but you can expect at least one, and sometimes up to five, booklets every week. I also ask anyone I know who subscribes to the paper but doesn't coupon if I can have their coupons. I've also been able to score coupons from my work, where there are often several copies of the Sunday paper laying around. The most common booklets you'll find in the paper are Red Plum and Smart Source, but sometimes Proctor and Gamble or other manufacturers will put out booklets as well.
Walgreens and RiteAid have their own store coupons that they print every week. These come in the newspaper as well, and can also be found at the front of the store. These store coupons can be stacked with manufacturer coupons, so I like to grab a copy of the store coupons when I head in to shop.
Some other sources of print coupons are catalinas found in grocery and drugstores. These are the coupons that print out after you check out that are good for money off your next purchase.
Online
There are TONS of coupons to be found online. The great thing about sites like Southern Savers is that they will link you directly to the website where the coupon can be found. But if you're in the mood just to see what's out there, here are some websites to check out:
  • Coupons.com
  • Redplum
  • Recyclebank: this website is more of a movement than just a regular old coupon site. It began as a way to encourage people to start recycling more by giving them rewards for their recycling. However, there are lots of ways you can earn points on this site if your community recycling program isn't a part of Recyclebank. This site often has coupons that can't be found anywhere else. (Disclaimer: the link I've provided is my own personal referral link, which means I'll receive points for anyone who signs up through this link).
  • Smart Source
  • Manufacturer websites: many manufacturers will post coupons on their websites. You can also sign up for their e-mail lists (I created a separate folder in my Gmail for these emails so they don't bog down my inbox) so you can be notified when new coupons are added.

No comments:

Post a Comment