Saturday, May 14, 2011

Walmart Deals and Freebies

I had read a report of possible free Purex laundry detergent at Walmart this week, and that in combination with a few more freebies was enough incentive for me to plan a trip. I have also been on a quest for cheap long-sleeve white shirts to wear during an ecology study I will be doing in the Sonoran desert in a few weeks. This is not the time of year to be looking for long-sleeve shirts, but I thought I might be able to find something at Walmart. Here's what I scored.
  •  2 3-packs of Ivory bar soap
  • 4 pack of AA Rayovac batteries
  • Noxema bikini razors
  • 2 white shirts
Total spent: $7.88
Total coupon and clearance savings: $17 (69% savings)

Price tags both say $5,
but one actually rang up at $3

I was pretty bummed to find that the Purex detergent I thought I'd be able to get wasn't on sale. I don't even use this brand of detergent, but I was hoping to score a bunch (I had 6 coupons!) to donate. I will be donating the bar soaps I picked up, and will be able to buy quite a few more boxes of pasta at the King Soopers mega event again this weekend that I will donate as well.
It looks like it's gonna be a fairly slow week at both Walgreens and RiteAid this week, and while I'll stop by to pick up the freebies, I'm probably going to slow down on couponing a little this week and give myself some much-needed time to relax. I will update tomorrow after our weekly grocery shopping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment