Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Productive Saturday


My washer and dryer actually
match now!

       I leave for my trip tomorrow, so the pressure was on to get most of my errands done today. The first task of the day was to get rid of our old dryer (that finally died earlier this week) and switch it out for one that my dad and stepmom are letting us use for the time being.
       Since we were rearranging anyways, I cleaned out the laundry room AND moved the location of our stockpile. The personal/household items stockpile is getting full very quickly. Once I get back from the trip, I think I will clean out underneath our bathroom sink so we can start stockpiling things there as well.  
       After we had finished with rearranging the laundry room, it was off to the grocery store. I usually grocery shop early on Sunday mornings, but between working Sunday morning and leaving town Sunday night, I figured my plate was going to be pretty full already. I do plan to make a Walgreens stop on my way home tomorrow afternoon, as there are a TON of great deals this week. Here's the lowdown on our weekly King Soopers trip:

Total spent: $22.48
Total coupon and sale savings: $45.55 (67%)

       It was a small trip, as we just got a few fresh items for my husband and stocked up on a few good deals. My favorite deal of the week was on Wisk detergent. Originally priced at $8.19 each, on sale for $3.99. Use the $2/1 MQ (5/15 RP) makes them $1.99 each. It looks like there will be a decent deal on ketchup once tomorrow's coupons come out (those who know me know we go through a LOT of ketchup in our house), so I'm pretty excited for that. My husband will probably be making a Monday or Tuesday stop to stock up on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment